Sunday, October 09, 2011

Market Flowers

For me, Saturday morning means only one thing: Market morning. So 5.30am nearly every Saturday I pack my little trolley into the car and head over to the Brisbane Market Place at Rocklea to stock up on fresh fruit and veges, bread, fish, meat, deli goods and flowers (my pat on the back for getting up so early). This Saturday morning as I was pulling out of my driveway 2 young blokes who live down the road were just stumbling home from a huge night out after obviously catching the first bus of the day home and I was hearing reports on the radio that a huge storm was headed our way. Must say I was thinking at the time "who's the dummy in this picture??" but I drove on, determined to fulfill my nurturer gatherer role.
As always the markets did not disappoint and my present to me was probably my best purchase. Three bunches of Alstroemeria aurantiaca for $10 !! Took alot of googling to find that name!


I love putting my flowers (cleverly (?) digitally enhanced for effect!) in old olive oil tins, chilli sauce bottles, tomato tins etc with a white vintage table runner placed underneath to tame it down. It looks busy but that's the way I like it!!  Happy flowers....happy Me!


xxMs.K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ms K,
Your flowers look really great in your innovative take on the vases. xJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...