Friday, October 07, 2011

Friday Projects

I love my Fridays off and today was no exception. I recently ordered a lovely batch of fabric from the US which I had loaded into the car along with my sewing machine and a headful of ideas.  After the school drop off I made my way to my parent's house where Mum and I started on some exciting projects using the fabric I had chosen.



Unlike my very talented mother who has always been quite the sewer, I was not blessed with the desire to cut and stitch anything, apart from the odd cushion cover over the years.....why would I when I was a direct descendant of one of the best of them? So now the time has come when I actually want to learn the craft.....and maybe make a few bucks on the side with the finished product.
After a morning of pattern making, designing and cutting I'm pleased to say I'm delighted with what's about to transpire and look forward to divulging more on this subject in the very near future!
Of course the morning was topped off by a beautiful lunch of sushi, Stilton, fruit and a cheeky vino to wash it all down..........ahhhh the joys of sewing!!




Thanks Mum; you're the best!!


xxMs.K


  

3 comments:

kit and nancy. said...

sounds like a lovely day with mum! thank you for your beautiful comment. your blog is just charming.

Ms.K said...

Awww thanks, you'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge about blogging. I'm not even sure if this comment will reach you.

kit and nancy. said...

you're doing fine! pretty pictures speak a thousand words. x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...