Thursday, October 06, 2011

Fleurette

I want to mention a lovely purchase I made on the week end. Now those who know me may not know this, but those who know me well do know this: I'm a terrible shopper. I can shop till I drop for homewares, craft, vintage ephemera and the like, but shopping for clothes does not come naturally to me.  I think it's the whole getting undressed thing; I'm not a fan of the undress and standing in those brightly lit change rooms surrounded by a pentagon of mirrors....well I'd rather eat my own hair.

That was until I found the Fleurette by Fleur Wood range at Myer on Saturday.  It wasn't actually the clothes that first caught my eye it was the cute little fabric swing tag. Gorgeous!!



In my 1/2 hour window of opportunity to shop before I was whisked away on my "Wedding Anniversary Weekend" I grabbed the first cute dress I saw and raced into the change room (read: walked briskly to join the 20 minute long queue to the change room).  The range is feminine and vintage inspired (well the bits I fleetingly saw were), and very well priced. So....what did I buy?? A delightful little teal and white floral number, very Mad Men in its shape and cut just to the knee.  I teamed it with my little white cardi, black opaque tights, my very old and well worn square toed t-bar heels and red lips. Tres chic!! Well I thought so....Mr.D said "it's not real flattering on your butt" or was that just how I heard it?? Not sure if Trinny and Suz would have approved either, see I'm a short hourglass, not the '50's pin-up shape but more of a Salvador Dali-style hourglass....kinda curvy and droopy. Too much information! Get thee to Myer to check out Fleurette for yourself.....at least check out the swing tag.

PS Poor Mr.D, he actually said I looked pretty...see how I can twist things??

xxMs.K

2 comments:

Janet E. Leach said...

Way to go KA. I'm SO proud of you doing your own blog!!! Well done. I've heard you mention that you'd like to but what a surprise to see this cute little corner of our cyber world come to life and blossom. The dress sounds fab and so does the brand. Shall check it out... and, you are not droopy!
x J

Ms.K said...

You are so kind! Thanks for your lovely comment.x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...