Friday, October 14, 2011

Ebay Find

Another lovely Friday off today. Earlier this week I had a "win" on Ebay; I say "win" because, as my friend tells me (and her hubby tells her) you didn't actually "win" it, you still had to pay for it. So technically I "bought" this on Ebay......regardless, I LOVE it!!!
So I was very excited after school drop off because I was on my way to pick up my new treasure.


Voila!!!

Isn't she sweet? The lovely man who I bought this vintage coffee set from lives locally and tells me it belonged to his elderly mother who very recently passed away and he remembered her using it in the 1950's which makes it extra extra special. I paid him (was tempted to give him double!) and promised him I would take good care of them.....too scared to use them now!! The set actually has six cups and saucers but I couldn't fit them neatly in the pic. We then had a nice chat about how wonderful Mothers are (reckon my girls will say the same about me when they're my age???) and I told him I was just on my way to visit my Mum which I later felt a bit guilty about seeing as though he just lost his....timing Ms.K, timing.......
So off I went to Mum's for a sewing lesson but on the way I got distracted by a discount fabric shop where I picked up these beauties.


I have some cute ideas for these babies after I've had a few more sewing lessons. Hmmm....could do with some photography lessons also. Have a great week end and here's to fabulous Mums!!

xxMs.K


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...