Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Project Distractions

I am on Day 3 of a lovely week off and my "to do" list which was as long as my arm is now nearly as long as both arms. Why is it that when we know we have a window of one week, as well as having lots of w's (you re-read it didn't you?), we think we can get a truck load of boxes ticked as well as keeping up with the usual domestics. I had visions of baking, painting, going to movies, long lunches, massages, blah blah blah but other things distracted me. Over the past month or so I have been going through my huge pile of mags that I had stashed away in a cupboard....we're talking monthly subscriptions of about 3 different magazines dating back to the late '90's that I just haven't had the heart to part with. I'm fussy with my mags; most people have a read, rip out their favorite pages and toss the rest into the recycling bin. Easy! Unfortunately I was not blessed with the read it/don't need it gene and that is why I'm in the state I'm in today....well, have to blame something...so this task is always done on "bin day" so I don't get the chance to go rummaging through the garbage a day later trying to salvage my beloved mags. Smart hey?

I have digressed in more ways than one but the point is: now that I've decided to go through the lot and rip out my favorite pages, with all of this inspiration, I now feel I have to redecorate the house ....it doesn't take much.
This is my latest look of choice; it would be just like living in my own Barbie Dream House, only I'm not sure my Ken would agree with my excitement.  PS my house looks nothing like this and that is why I want it soooo much!!

I want it NOW!!


Sooo preeeetty!

Diviiiiiiine!




Sighhhh!


Waiter, bring me a Shirley Temple tout de suite!


 Wake up Sunshine! This is my reality........


A lovely timber blanket box that I'm about to zshoosh up to put in Miss M's room.....after I have a cuppa......

xxMs.K


1 comment:

Polly Dolly said...

I have been doing exactly the same these last few weeks. A sort of spring clean in autumn. It must be because Christmas is coming and I want everything to be nice xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...