Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Old Wives Tales


I love a good Old Wives Tale as much as the next person so I'm hoping my latest tale proves correct.  I have some lovely vintage fancy-worked doilies which have a few minor "old age" stains on them and I was given a quaint Old Wives Tale from my Mum as to how to remove these stains.
Here goes:

"Soak the articles in eucalyptus wool mix for at least 24 hours, then hang them on the line all day in the sunlight then all night in the moonlight and then another day in the sunlight. The results are really very good, the secret being the moonlight.  No kidding!"
 
If this can get "old age" stains out of my doilies I might even try it on myself!!

PS How beautiful are these Spring mornings??!

xxMs.K

3 comments:

Polly Dolly said...

That's clever. Our mornings are very cold and dark now , I feel wintry weather is close. I hope so actually because I have some new snow boots I want to try out xx

Anonymous said...

Don't bother, I have tried it and it doesn't work. xJJ

Anonymous said...

I feel I must clarify my last comment about laundering the old linen. It actually works really well on the linen but it didn't remove any of my old age spots, and besides my arms got awfully tired from holding on to the clothes line for that long time. xJJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...