Saturday, February 18, 2012

R.I.P. Little Friend

A little show of respect please people for we have had a tiny death in the Kitchen Kitsch house today. This morning Miss H's Siamese Fighting Fish, Berry, decided to exit-stage-right onto her bedroom floor. But wait....that's not the end of it....as I am now a slave to Michelle Bridges, I was at the gym doing my 2 hour (count 'em) workout when all of this went down so on my sweaty return Miss H showed me a carefully folded tissue that contained Master Berry. When she asked if I wanted to see him I decided even though I'm not keen on dead things I should be a good mum and pay my last respects to her beloved fish. I wish we had captured this on film because as she unfolded the tissue the little darling did a flip!

Yes....2 hours after doing a kamikaze our friend was still somehow alive. After Miss H, Miss M and I finally stopped screaming we raced him back to his little tank and put him in as a last ditch effort to fully revive him. More screaming as he flip flopped around the tank and his gills started opening and closing. For half an hour we spoke reassuring words to him to try and encourage him to breath while Mr D googled frantically to see if it is at all possible for a Fighting Fish to do a Lazarus.  Apparently if they find themselves on dry land their gills stop working and they start to breath out of their mouths.....who knew??

Sadly though the little Fighter gave up after about an hour and floated up to fishy heaven....Miss H made him a teeny coffin out of cardboard from a beer carton (well he was a male!) and buried him in the back garden complete with iceblock stick headstone and pink geranium floral tribute. Be at peace little man.......


RIP Berry  ??/??/?? - 18/02/2012

xxMs.K

PS The Sunliner was fab but way too much work required for a novice like me....shame....the search continues....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...