Saturday, May 12, 2012

To Pick or Not to Pick???

........I'm not talking noses here, but if I was the answer would be a definite "yes"!! What??? No, I'm talking about my Garden of Neglect. Here is my latest creation.....



My very first Gerbera, my fave flower of all time, the bloom that featured in my bridal party all those moons ago. I don't really know why I've never attempted to grow these before but by Jove's they are a hardy bunch.  This is the pot that, weeks ago, housed my huge harvest of basil that I made my pesto out of. It grew spontaneously and I thought all would be lost for my Gerbera who was trying to share its home with the pushy basil. I must say I focused more of my attention on the basil as I thought it had more of a chance.  So proud.....but now, not sure if I should pick my single bloom as a prized treasure to put on my table for Mother's Day or leave it flourishing in its own beauty in the garden. Oh the decisions......"without further adieu" (don't you love, yet hate that phrase?) I wish all the fellow Mums out there, especially my wonderful Mum, a very happy Mother's Day tomorrow, and I hope you get all you wish for.....read: a day to yourself without the hubby and kids....!!!! Oh behave!!


xxMs.K

PS. Apologies for the hiatus, I didn't realise how long it has been since my last post....(feel like I'm in the confessional with Father Bernard.)




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...