Monday, May 21, 2012

Mother of the Year?

It's all systems "go" at the Kitchen Kitsch house at the moment. I have put my hand up to convene the Sweets and Jams stall at Miss M's school fete this year so I've been busy writing school newsletter articles, collecting jars, handing out ingredients and wondering why the hell I took this on.....
I thought I should start putting my two cents worth in and got cracking with some serious chutney making over the week end. Here's what I made:




               Apple and Cranberry Chutney                

700g Granny Smith apples
250g dried cranberries
1 onion
350ml Apple Cider vinegar
200g sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp salt

Peel, core and chop the apples into cubes, dice the onions, whack the whole lot into a large pot and simmer quickly for about 45 minutes or until the mixture has thickened and the fruit has softened.
Spoon into sterilised jars and screw lids on tightly. Store in a cool dark place.

Seriously easy, seriously good!!

Et Voila! Complete with cute little hats.....Fete style!  Remember me when you're voting for Mother of the Year.


xxMs.K



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...