Monday, March 05, 2012

Don't Try This At Home

Well this seemed to be a good idea at the time but now I see it was not!  A couple of years ago I bought one of those fabulous chalkboard stickers that looked like a huge black Roccoco mirror. We put messages of love on it, countdowns to Christmas on it, Happy Birthday wishes on it, number of alcohol free days achieved on it etcetera....you get the idea. Recently I have been working my paintbrush to the bone and revamping some bits and pieces around the Kitchen Kitsch house. Exhibit one ahead....

From this.....
   
To this!
   
So of course I wanted to showcase my "new" old mirror and decided to remove the sticker ....carefully....and give my mirror pride of place. All was going to plan until my confidence gained momentum and the end result is this......



No not some abstract artwork but a huge patch where the paint has ripped straight off the wall. Unfortunately it's not in a location where I can just bung the mirror on the wall and cover it up so looks like the whole wall will need a damn repaint!.....or if I can find some funky wallpaper.....now there's a thought. Not only that but I spent the next hour and a half scraping sticky stuff off the wall. I'm certain there must have been a correct (easier!) way to remove this sticker and they really are a great idea at the time but unless you know the correct removal procedure I highly recommend NOT putting these stickers on your precious walls!

In the words of poor frustrated Mr.D "Why can't things just stay the same?" Progress my dear, progress.....


xxMs.K

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...