Monday, March 12, 2012

I Am In Love!

..........with my Woolworths app. We all know I have a fear of technology and would be much happier living back in the '50's but I have down(up?)loaded the Woolies app and it is my new BFFL! She saves my shopping list for me, shows me the weekly specials, she scans my regular products and saves them to my list, and I'm sure if I asked nicely she would unpack the grocery bags for me. BTW I saw these were on special so I picked up a couple....even the name sounds like fun! Despite my penchant for baking from scratch, this is my first attempt at these cute little "pies" so I decided to let Betty do the hard work for me. Clever moi!! (If anyone has a real Whoopie Pie recipe they'd like to share with me I would love to hear from you.x)


So, while I waited in the huge Monday morning check out line, trying not to think about the damage I did to my legs in the International Women's Day "fun run" yesterday (how can those two words ever be put together in the same sentence???) I decided to get with the program as so many of my smart friends have done, and buy groceries on line. By the time I had made it to the register and chatted to the girl doing the "checking out" about how drunk she got on the weekend (I will so miss those chats!!) I had performed a "register" of different kind and signed up to the Woolies online shopping website. Can't wait for next Monday!

Aside from that excitement I have another show-and-tell revamp. Remember my roadside find?


Now she looks like this:



I have named her Joan because she reminds me of Joan Harris from Mad Men.....of course.....Off to make Whoopies!!

xxMs.K

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...