Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Simple Pleasures



Isn't it amazing how simple things can turn your day around? After a fairly ordinary Tuesday, with crankiness abounds, I was watering my herbs late afternoon when I noticed that for a change my basil was growing in wild abundance. I decided to pick almost every plant of it and whip myself up some pesto a la Ms.K. Not being one to regularly follow recipes and favouring just leaving things to chance I picked off the leaves, whacked them in a blender with some walnuts, garlic, S n P, a bit of parmesan and some olive oil et voila.....pesto!! I have a cute little jar that holds lovely memories of Paris for me, and as luck had it the pesto fit to a T. 

Then I went out to pick some cherry tomatoes from a vine which grew spontaneously among the retaining wall "boulders" in our yard.......and honestly I have never watered, fed, paid any attention to this vine but they're the best tomatoes I could ever have attempted not to grow!

Topped off with some sourdough, steamed broccolini, a piece of grilled salmon.....and a cheeky red wine chaser.... it was the best, simplest meal I've had in yonks!

xxMs.K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You had my mouth watering just reading about your culinary exploits. I plant and then daily pamper, water, feed, debug and even talk to my tomato plants and still the 'beeping' grubs beat me to what is fast becoming the 'forbidden fruit'. Now I know that the secret is total neglect. xmima

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...