Wednesday, December 28, 2011

I'm Not One To Boast......

.....BUT! The Christmas stocking did provide. First up, take a gander at this!! The Women's Weekly (God bless them) have released a fab retro cook book with lots of old favourites such as Devilled Eggs (!) as well as a few newies thrown in. The photography and styling is superb and even if you don't consider yourself the domestic type this book is perfect for the coffee table. Thanks big Sis!


Next up we have some gorgeous fabric placemats made by my very clever Mum. These are sooo cute. Each one has a different puppy panel with borders in suitably retro colours backed with black and white spot.


Perfect for my Caravan....didn't hear me?? I said perfect for my CARAVAN.....!!

My next present.....Mr. D asked me what I would like and I said either a vintage van or a subscription to Vintage Caravan Magazine. So the latter it was, until Christmas Eve when he announced he would like to buy me my own van. Yippppeeee!!!! (Hope I still get the subscription! Ha!) This is something I've dreamed of for years but I'm yet to decide on family size or Kitchen Kitsch size. My family prefer the luxury of an apartment (especially Mr. D) but I've always loved the idea of a caravanning holiday. My other option is to buy a small van and take Kitchen Kitsch on the road. Opportunities abounds!! I think half the fun will be in the looking. Hope you, too, had a fantastic Christmas.

xxMs.K

Gorgeousness found at No Chintz

3 comments:

Catherine @ The Spring said...

WOW What an exciting present! I love your kitchy retro vibe on the blog - it's Such a pleasure to *meet* another Brisbane blogger!

Happy 2012!

- Catherine @ The Spring

http://www.thespringblog.com

Polly Dolly said...

I look forward to seeing if you do get your caravan. It's the best thing ever as long as its vintage of course! Good luck xx

Anonymous said...

Wow, who's the lucky duck this Christmas. Don't laugh at the devilled eggs, I used to make them in the 60's along with Chicken a la King and Crepe Suzettes! We all thought we were so posh serving these morsels to our guests. How lucky are you getting your own retro van? Can't wait to see a photo of it when you eventually get it. I love the perky pooches place mats too. Does your mum have any to spare in her stash? Happy New Year. Looking forward to reading all your news in 2012. xJJ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...