Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Hardest Part

I completely adore the Christmas Season but the part I struggle with every December 31 is the taking down of the decorations. I generally always do it on the 31st so as not to jinx myself with bad luck for the next year and so I can squeeze the life out of them enjoy them till the very last minute. Miss M helped me with the task today and just for effect we hummed Christmas carols in a sombre orthodox funeral-type chant and did a death march around the tree as we stripped it bare of all its sparkly glory. It was macabre!! I will be putting my decorations up on November 1 in 2012.......

So long big happy tree...


Farewell "Joy" and "Peace"...


I'll miss you, cute birdy thing on the top...


I love you kitschy kitchen window decos...


Look after yourself crazy Santa jumping off a cable car...


Boo hoo for me! Au Revoir 2011....

xxMs.K

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...